This product has currently got an expiry date of less than 12 months. Please contact the office before placing an order.
The Colilert-18 is a new standard in coliform/ E. coli detection
How it works:
- Colilert-18 uses Defined Substrate Technology® (DST®) nutrient indicators ONPG and MUG to detect coliforms and E. coli.
- Coliforms use their ß-galactosidase enzyme to metabolise ONPG and change it from colourless to yellow.
- E.coli use ß-glucuronidase to metabolise MUG and create fluorescence.
- The few non-coliforms that do have these enzymes are selectively suppressed by Colilert’s specifically formulated matrix.
- Us-EPA approved
- Training is simplified due to ease of use.
- No repeat testing due to clogged filters or heterotrophic interference.
- Quick Control (QC) procedures can be realised within 15 minutes.
- Less than 1 minute hands-on time required.
- Detection of coliforms and E.coli at once in 18 hours or less.
- No conformations required.
- No glassware cleaning or colony counting.
- No more unneeded public notifications due to non-target organisms as E.coli is identified specifically.
- The subject interpretation found in traditional methods is eliminated.
- Detection of single viable coliform or E.coli per sample.
- Up to 15 months shelf life at room temperature.
Also available: Colilert-18 Water Test (Pack of 200)