Acticoat is an effective antimicrobial barrier dressing.
The Nanocrystalline coating of silver rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 30 minutes.
Acticoat consists of three layers: an absorbent inner core sandwiched between outer layers of silver coated, low adherent polyethylene net. Nanocrystalline silver protects the wounds site from bacterial contamination while the inner core helps maintain moist wound environment.
Features and benefits:
- - Provides unique protection for the wound site
- - Sustained release of silver ensures that Acticoat remains effective for up to three days
- - In-vitro data shows Acticoat rapidly kills bacteria in as little as 30 minutes
- - Easier and less painful to remove than silver sulphadiazine making it a dressing of choice for both the patient and the carer
- - Kills pathogenic organisms in wounds to reduce the risk of infection
- - Can be cut to shape enabling the chosen size of dressing to conform to the wound surface